An EFFECTIVE AND PRACTICAL GUIDE TO CASTE ONE’S VOTE ON MERIT-BASIS AND COMING OUT OF ONE’S INBUILT BIASES IN THE UPCOMING ELECTIONN(S)
Developed by Fazal Amin Beg (France)
Ask yourself, at least, the following questions:
1. Why am I going to caste my vote? Be serious and deliberate deeply to come to some logical solutions.
2. If you think, the purpose of casting my vote is to bring a political leadership for societal and regional development, then what types of qualities he or she should possess?
a. Should he or she possess the following qualities: less educated, liar , robber, cheater, dividing people for vested interests, serving his or so-called national level parties mandates (which function illegally in GB, if GB cannot have its legal space within the national legal regime), getting away from actions and opting for more words, opting for false promises,becoming weapons to strike his or her own communities (as we 100% observed for more than five and a half years while in disasters), dragging people in the disasters or taking away the community from the disasters, become autocrat or democrat in a reall sense and the like. OR
b. Should She or he possess the following qualities? highly educated and professional, honest, pluralistic, dedicated, caring for his or her community and community development, creating opportunities for the youths in different fields of life, supports and promotes meritocracy, runs away from bribery, robbery, undeserving favors, tries to make the local communities part of global communities, resolves the conflicts peacefully and with wisdom and the like.
When you are done with the above questions and points, you are then requested to please ask yourself further and explore the following qualities in the candidates:
1. To what extent, the candidate has the vision, capacity and potentials to lead the community of entire Hunza with honesty, dedication and pluralistic manner? ?
2. To what extent, the acquired level of education would enable the candidate() , on top priority, to effectively relate in functioning and getting the desired level of overall development results (political, social, economic and cultural) for the communities of the entire Hunza (not focused on the center only); and not to be proactive in warming up his or her vested interests.
3. To what extent , the candidate(s) has the real and desired capacity, based on his or her genuine educationall qualification and life/work experience, to engage with a long vision in productively and proactively contributing towards legislation in GBLA?
4. To what extent the candidate has the capacity and potential to build productive and positive linkages, alliances and partnerships in political, social, economic and cultural domains at various levels including Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan and across the borders?
5. To what extent, the candidate has the knowledge and overall capacity to envision and understand the global politics focused on or related with Gilgit-BaltistanRegion as a highly important crossroads between Central and South Asia?
6. To what extent,, the candidate has the capacity and knowledge to understand and strategize in an effective and inclusive manner the strategic location of Hunza ( particularly Gojal valley) to be developed on priority , Which has been neglected and is being neglected in the current contexts? The same holds true for S̃hinaki.
How to know the candidates eligibility and capacity?
In order to get concrete and effective answers for your questions above, there is a pre-condition applies on you yourself (being an educated, wise and responsible voter) to leave out, at once, your personal affiliations or relationships with the candidate such as kinspersons, clans, tribes, religious affinity, lingual affinity and village or sub-regional affinity. Here you are required to think for a while, at least, as a human, and you’ll be highly happy to decide objectively to a greater extent.
look now in a logical way the following important points and know about the candidates at any cost:
1. Ask and/or know the actual age and educational qualification of the candidate(s) and deduct 25 years out of his or her current /overall age. 25 years reduction means the candidate might have pursued his or her education and attempted to establish his or her career (means might have initiated for an employment or businesses or otherwise).
2. Now focus particularly at his or her remaining life period be look at it critically what he or she has done or has been doing?
a. Try to relate what sort of jobs in professional capacity he or she has rendered?
b. To what extent his or her jobs have been (or are) contributive to the societal/ community development at local, regional, national or global levels.
c. Has she or he also served as a dedicated and honest volunteer with productive results in any civil society organization (at least local level otherwise at regional level), if he or she has decided to offer himself or herself for a regional level political leadership?
d. . has he or she been already tested in socio-political development in the constituency? If so, in what terms? What kinds of positive or negative roles you’ve observed and evidenced? If positive, in what way? If negative, do you think you are making a big blunder to support and vote for him or her?
Thanks for bearing with me. I wish I were in Pakistan and would have supported a potential candidate based on his orhr her acquired merits. (as described above)
Fazal Amin is an Anthropologist and Development researcher and consultant from Gilgit Baltistan, currently based in France.