Balwaristan National Front Appeals for boycott of GBLA due on June 8, 2015
(PR) Balawaristan National Front (BNF), the sole representative nationalist political party of 2 million people of Gilgit Baltistan condemns, the drama of staged Legislative Assembly elections on June 8, 2015 and ask the people of Gilgit Baltistan to boycott these elections because :-
1. Gilgit Baltistan is neither a part of Pakistan constitutionally nor it has its own constitution. It means the whole process of electing Gilgit Baltistan Legislative Assembly (GBLA) is unconstitutional and illegal. GBLA is a puppet forum and has no powers. All the powers rest with the Ministry of Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan Affairs. This is a big insult not only to the so-called GBLA but also a slap on the face of whole population of 2 million people of Gilgit Baltistan. It may be borne in mind that GBLA was renamed by occupation regime of Pakistan to counter the European Parliament Resolution of 2007 with regard to Gilgit Baltistan.
2. The so-called GBLA is neither an assembly nor the legislative body in its true sense. Yes, it is that kind of assembly where 24 best stooges among the candidates are selected on direction of occupation forces of Pakistan and its intelligence agencies. These puppets have their loyalty to Pakistan and not to their Fatherland. The aim and ambition of these stooges is to get personal benefits by corruption and serve the interests of occupation forces of Pakistan.
3. In 2009 GBLA elections, the nationalist parties of Gilgit Baltistan were not allowed to participate and their candidates were arrested and some of them sent to Pakistan forcefully just before the elections, so that they are not able to vent the public anger against manipulated elections in Gilgit Baltistan. Gilgit Baltistan is neither a province of Pakistan nor a constitutional part of Pakistan and therefore, the elections cannot be held in Gilgit Baltistan under Pakistani rules and laws.
4. As per the UNCIP Resolution accepted by both Pakistan and India, the legal status of Gilgit Baltistan just like the rest of Jammu & Kashmir, is yet to be decided. Therefore, Pakistan, India or China have no right to change the legal and geographical status of J&K without taking the 2 million people of Gilgit Baltistan into confidence and without holding a popular referendum / plebiscite under UN supervision.
5. It is legal obligation of Pakistan under UNCIP resolution of April 28, 1949 to withdraw its forces and citizens from the occupied territory of Gilgit Baltistan and its occupied J and K, restore it to the former state of J&K to pave the way for plebiscite. Pakistan, therefore, should comply with this UNCIP resolution and withdraw all its nationals and forces from Gilgit Baltistan and let the indigenous people to decide their future. By not fulfilling the legal obligation, Pakistan is violating the UN resolution and sanctity of the UN. In order to strengthen its control over Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan is also using terrorist organizations to crush the voice of 2 million people of Gilgit Baltistan.
6. Pakistan has no right to establish its own political and religious system in this disputed territory. Indigenous people of Gilgit Baltistan should be allowed to fearlessly exercise their right to vote under UN supervision. Recently, Governor (a Pakistani citizen), Chief Minister and Chief Election Commissioner have been installed in Gilgit Baltistan to rig the elections. One leader who recently joined PML(N) to hide his corruption, revealed the pre-election rigging by Nawaz Sharif who has promised him the post of Speaker of GBLA.
Only last month, a caretaker Minister exposed the involvement of ISI and Army stationed in Gilgit Baltistan by shamelessly admitting “I have been appointed by ISI and FCNA”.
7. BNF, therefore, has decided to boycott the so-called elections scheduled on June 8, 2015 because the whole election process from appointment of Chief Election Commissioner, Chief Minister, Minister and Governor is unconstitutional. They have been brought to ensure a victory for Pakistan Muslim League (N). BNF does not want to participate in this futile exercise of pre-rigged elections. We also condemn and protest a conspiracy hatched by former President Asif Ali Zardari and sitting Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to handover our sacred land to China under the garb of Pakistan-China economic corridor and even a single person from GB was not consulted. We also request the international community to send their observer to Gilgit Baltistan to see for themselves how the drama of a pre-rigged election is being staged in our part of the world.